(and any relevant other chapter leaders) right after elections happen, when insights
and deep wisdom are fresh. It’s an excellent (and critical) first step here—
success for the upcoming year hinges on this, really. (No pressure!)
What to discuss? These items will inform a productive session:
- Set this meeting up—invite the outgoing Chapter Officer and other outgoing leaders she/he feels would be helpful to have join.
- Ask them to bring any important materials to facilitate understanding and conversations.
- Learn past successes and challenges; understand what efforts worked best, what didn’t, etc.
- Collect contacts—learn how to get the ear of the Dean, and/or other school leaders invested in student life.
- Talk fundraising: what worked best? What didn’t? Ask them who/what/where worked best here. Take notes!
- Discuss details of the past year’s projects and ask for any recommendations for this year.
- Secure the communication channels for future collaborations—your outgoing officer and team are invaluable resources to bounce your ideas and plans off of, once you have them codified.
Here’s a handy 1-sheeter Officer Briefing pdf you can take with you to this meeting, if you like.