June & July
- Connect with your members on your chapter’s social media platforms to communicate throughout the summer. Inform AMSA National about your chapter’s social media pages. Check out our social media guidelines and suggestions.
- Talk with your school about emailing a chapter welcome/recruitment letter to incoming freshmen with 1st year orientation letter.
- Ensure that AMSA is listed on your school’s student organizations list (try the student affairs office).
- Start to consider and organize local project and fundraising ideas.
- Continue to prepare for your fall recruitment campaigns.
August & September
- Meet with your officers about recruitment—create a game plan and consider a mock-tabling session and make sure you are registered for your school’s recruitment fairs.
- Recruit new members. August is the biggest season for recruitment!
- Make final arrangements on community projects and other events for the fall and start looking into scheduling spring events.
- Request a chapter or virtual visit by a national officer or staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Start ramping up publicity for local and regional AMSA events.
- Make your chapter aware of Scholars Programs. You can find a list of programs here.
- The end of September into October is a great time to schedule your chapter’s community projects and other events. These events will engage your newer members and build your chapter’s presence on campus.
October, November & December
- Attend Residency Fair or PremedFest.
- Sign up for AMSA Scholars Programs.
- Ask about AMSA’s Mentorship Program available for medical students learn more here.
- Create a solid fundraising plans for your chapter members to attend the Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition.
- Register for the Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition while the early bird rates are still available.
- Submit resolutions; reference, credentials and nomination applications; candidates for national office for the House of Delegates meeting at the Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition before deadlines pass.
- Do you have an outstanding professor or mentor that deserves praise? Start thinking about nominating them for a Golden Apple Award. Learn more here.
January & February
- Recruit new members. January is the second biggest season for recruitment!
- Paul R. Wright Chapter Success Award nominations due. Learn more here.
- Prepare for the Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition by finalizing your chapter’s fundraising goals, submitting a poster, signing up for Advocacy Day, and making travel & hotel arrangements for convention.
- Register for the Annual AMSA Convention & Exposition.
- Submit resolutions; reference, credentials & nomination applications; candidates for national office for the House of Delegates meeting at AMSA Convention & Exposition before deadlines pass.
- AMSA Convention & Exposition
- Elect new national leadership
- Elect new local chapter officers
- Begin transition between old and new chapter officers
- Organize a membership committee—brainstorm for activity ideas, create a rough outline for upcoming year
- Match Day